Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rainbow Party Bonanza


 Happy Birthday Anna-Banana!! Anna has been in love with Rainbows for close to a year now so I started planning her party at least six months ago hoping to keep her interested in rainbows since I had already pinned at least 20 items relating to this awesome party theme. I didn't have to work at it though because her love of rainbows is still going strong and she loved all the rainbow hoopla making sure I had everything in the correct ROYGBIV order.  The party went great even though the temperature that day topped 105 degrees.  The activities were scratch off rainbow art, making rainbow bead necklaces, painting outside, and using markers and then spraying it with water, and eating way way too much sugar before lunch time.
The rainbow candy bar

Cupcakes to go with the gigantic cake because I cannot seem to plan appropriate sized food for a party without having leftovers for two weeks.




Individual dunked ice creams on a stick.  

Rainbow cake!




This was from the morning of her birthday the next day.  I can't believe my little girl is four!

Some things that I love about my big little girl are:

That she has made the phrase "I love you in my heart" a regular saying in our house, followed closely by " I love you in my... foot, hair, nose, belly button, and ever popular bum-bum"

What a good listener she has been lately and that she constantly uses the phrases "Yes, Ma'am or Yes Sir" or "Sure (Shoo-were) I would love to!"

She has started using the phrase, "Everybody knows that."

Anna and Daddy have a thing going where they silently say I love you in my heart by pointing to her eyes, crossing her arms over her heart, pointing to each other and then their heart.

For a while she had one doll which had to be wrapped in a weird washcloth secured by a large paper clip thingy in a very specific way which had to be redone ten times a day.

Anna has begun to really get into pretend play and has fallen in love with my little ponies, her dollies, and some play animals specifically a mommy and baby cow.  She makes cute voices for them and I am sometimes slightly worried by how stern and sometimes mean the mommy seems to be in most of the scenerios.

Her long beautiful hair that I may never be able to bring myself to cut.

She only talks to Lila in a high pitched sing songy voice and gets super excited if she gets a smile or a laugh.

She wants to ride on Kurt's shoulders everywhere she goes and he lets her a very high percentage of the time including when mowing the grass, going to brush her teeth, going to bed, etc...

And some not as loved... she lets the cat out every time she opens the door.

No comments: