Sunday, September 20, 2009

...pants on fire

So this is a post about my sons new found love of lying. He has discovered that unless Mom and Dad see something happen they really cannot prove that it did. He has not quite mastered the full concept of lying and usually opens his lies with a line like the following recent ones, "I don't have candy in my pocket," "I didn't hit Annabelle in the head with my stick"... Keep in mind, these are conversation openers where no information was asked of him. When we then follow up with, " Jackson, do you have candy in your pocket?" he replies with, "Well, did you see me get candy?" if the answer is no he sticks to the lie until the pocket is checked, if the answer is yes he knows the jig is up and confesses. He has also discovered that this skill can be used to work his parents against each other and will often say when talking to one of us about something he wants that the other has vetoed, "Well, did you talk to Mom?" and "Did Daddy tell you I did it?".
He's lucky he's cute.

1 comment:

Rach said...

hahaha this makes me laugh! You're right he is a little cutie!