Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Love


I wanted to make sure to post about this since this is the closest thing I do to journaling right now. Last week I was having a rough afternoon and was emotional. Jackson saw me start crying and gave me a hug and asked, "There, all better now?" I said that I was and he turned away for a few seconds and looked back at me with a shy smile and said, "Mommy, I'm in love." I said, "You are? With who?" I didn't even know he knew what that meant. He paused for a minute and then smiled and said, "With you." Wow, not a bad day anymore. The next day we were doing an activity with pictures and color tiles and he said," Let's do the heart one because we are in love." How does he know what that means and how do I break it to him that I am already taken?

Is it bad that I hope he feels this way forever? Someone told me that you never get over your first love, I hope not. Sorry to his future wife, but I hope he always loves me like that and says forever to his future wife, "Yeah, it's pretty good, it's just not quite how my mom does it." Yeah, she will hate me. I'm half-way kidding, ok, maybe 25% kidding.

1 comment:

Ella said...

Hey skinny! And you're hair looks great au naturale. But I think you know you look hot, right?