Friday, September 11, 2009

A big brother is born




Last weekend we were at the park with Kaysha and Patrick and were playing in a picnic area where two other children and their father were also sitting. The other kids were probably around 2 and 4 years old. The two year old little boy was concerned that Anna was getting to far from me and went over to her and was trying to get her to come back into the picnic area. He pushed her a little rough and then the four year old sister went over to her too and was telling her to come back in by her mom. I was just about to get up and decide if I needed to intervene, and was thinking in my head, "Hey, tell your kid to get his hands off of my daughter" when I looked over and Jackson was staring at them and slowly moving over to where they were. He walked over there quickly and without saying anything to them stared at them, quickly slid next to Anna, put his arm around her shoulder, took her hand and led her away from them. I almost cried. The look on his face when he looked at the situation and then at them was perfect "big brother", taking control of the situation. How do they learn that, I was so proud. Anna is in good hands.

(So these pics have nothing to do with the post, they are just cute brother and sister pictures)

No comments: