Friday, August 1, 2008

three years old

I just wanted to write a quick post to tell all of you how big my big boy is. He has recently begun to use phrases that make me look at him twice to see if it really came out of my little boy. About 2 months ago the day after he turned three he wanted a cookie that was up on the counter and I told him he couldn't have it. He looked at my with his face all scrunched up and mad and said to me, "That's not fair!" I laughed and looked at him and asked him what he said, and he repeated so seriously, "It's not fair." He has also used such phrases "I don't need to do that", "I can't", "Mommy, want to play in my room with me?", and then the other day he told me to lay down when I was still in bed nursing Annabelle. He turned on my fan, started to shut the door and said to me as he blew me a kiss "nigh-night mom sleep good". They get so big so fast, I hope this time it slows down, but I know it won't. It has really taught me to enjoy the moment and not rush anything, Annabelle will be talking before I know it and that makes me sad.

1 comment:

Ella said...

Are all 3 year old's that huge? Jane is seriously going to look like a baby next to him. And I'm sure her weight will be closer to Annabel's than Jackson's.