Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snowman Day

I finally completed, what might be my most proud accomplishment of my mommy life... snowman jammies. If you understood how much my son loved jammies you would understand how excited I was to give these to him. Since I didn't make the original deadline of Dec 1st as planned I decided to make a whole cool day of it called snowman day. And since we live in a place where snowmans don't exist this is as close as we are going to get for snowman day.

Jackson had school that day so I sent him to school with a snowman sandwich and snowflake cutouts of white cheddar cheese. When he got home I gave him his jammies which turned out to be pretty big on him, so I need to take up the arms and legs. He thought they were pretty cool at first.



We had snowman cupcakes and drank milk from a cool snowman cup.

Unfortunately the activities I had planned did not happen since I had to babysit a friend of his and Annabelle refused to nap and was truly high-maintenance that day.





About 45 minutes after he had them on he came out of his room hot and sweaty from playing and annoyed about the long legs and sleeves and told me that he wanted to change. I said "oh, let's keep your cool new jammies on". He said "I don't like them" and I said "oh, jackson mommy made those jammies for you." He replied, "oh, I'm sorry mommy, don't be sad (pause) but I don't like them." Crushing. Maybe when they fit they will be the hit I had hoped for.I then rebounded by making snowman pancakes with sausage (while holding the still fussing Annabelle in one arm) on my special snowman plate and a few snowman books before bed. Ever have one of those days that you visualize in your mind as being so great and it turns out not at all as you planned... snowman day.


No comments: