Monday, September 8, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things.... about Jackson



I just wanted to write down a few thoughts about my crazy, exploring, sensitive, loving, funny, sweet boy that is Jackson. He can take me from seething madness to hysterical laughter in two seconds flat, and he knows it. Lately he has been doing and saying the funniest and sometimes most grown-up things and I forget them so quickly, so I thought I write down a few things that he has been up to lately. Jackson is very into Mr.Potato Heads lately and has acquired a variety including Spiderman, Indiana Jones, Darth Vader, and a stormtropper (can you tell who is doing the purchasing?). The other day he came out of his room while playing with them and told me," look mom, it's a Jackson Potato Head".






Another of Jakson's favorites is his spiderman costume which he wears as jammies most nights. You'll notice it at the base of his get up. He had asked to wear jammies(in the middle of the day), and I said go get whatever you want. After spiderman he wanted something else and when Mom said she wasn't going to change him again he took matters into his own hands and emerged from the bedroom wearing this or should I say these..
















A few weeks ago a tired Mommy, silly enough to shoe shop for Jackson with a newborn and a opinionated toddler, gave in at the shoe store and let Jackson purchase a pair of spiderman rain boots with the strict understanding that they were only to be worn in the house or when it was raining(which in pinehurst nc isn't very often). He never really fought me on it but wore them religiously around the clock, including sleeping in them for the first couple of weeks. One evening we finally had rain and Kurt asked him if he wanted to go play outside in them. Jackson of course loved it and has been asking to play in the "water pudding (puddle)" nearly every day since.





I have never seen another sibling so in love with their little sister. He greets her with the biggest most gentle hug in the morning before even acknowledging my arrival. I never have to worry about her safety because he springs into tears if he thinks he might have accidentally hurt her. While his tendency to cry when she is upset, does increase the cry volume at my house, I wouldn't trade his gentle sensitive nature for anything else. He is growing so fast, as I realized three weeks ago when he asked Kurt if he was "completely sure" about something. What a good big brother and sweet funny boy he is growing into. How lucky am I that he makes every day an adventure.






No comments: