Sunday, June 15, 2008

I just want to be happy

I had to share a quick story as Jackson says so many funny things these days that blow me away. He is into labeling emotions on us and himself and has even used the phrase "I'm frustrated". The other day a few weeks ago he was having a really rough day and was crying about everything all day long and fighting me on everything. After nap he woke up and was just near tears about everything I asked him to do or not do. I finally said to him, "honey, what's wrong with you today do you need some cuddle time?" and he said to me so sad and serious, "mom, i just want to be happy." I asked him what he said and he said it again, " I just want to be happy". I guess sometimes we all just have bad days and can't snap out of it even at two. It gave me perspective on difficult days, that maybe he's not trying to be difficult that he just might be having a bad day too.

No comments: