Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer Bucket List 2011

The first day of summer Jackson and I sat down and wrote a summer bucket list of the stuff that we wanted to do over the summer. I'm very glad we did because there were many times I didn't want to do stuff because I felt so sick but the fact that it was on a list compelled me to do so. There were many times that Kurt asked, are you sure that you want to do that and I would reply, "It's on the list, we have to." Kurt has since decided he should really start using my obsession with completing lists in his favor for things he would like to be doing. The need to cross off things on a list led to a really fun summer even with all of the throwing up and feeling exhausted on my end. Here's the list and then I'll do posts of the things which I have pictures for.


The List
lake beach
zoo
beach
game (Jackson's must on the list, x-box not board games)
sleep in
campout inside
roast hot dogs and marshmallows
outside movie night
get new flowers in front yard
go to a carnival/fair
make ice cream sandwiches
go to Monkey Joe's
go to Marbles Museum
pool
campout outside
Christmas in July

It was a pretty good list and we accomplished all but going to the zoo and sleeping in. I told Jackson I wasn't giving him credit for sleeping in unless he slept until 8. His response was, "Mom that's never going to happen, we slept until 7:30 at the beach, you better take that it's the latest we've ever slept." I should count it but 7:30 really isn't sleeping in for the summer. I, on the other hand, definitely met this criteria numerous times thanks to my sweet husband who gets up with the kids pretty much every morning. I guess pregnancy does have some perks.

For the items with no pictures, camping out inside and outside was done by the boys and ended up being soggy outside and more fun watching movies from laying inside of the tent upstairs. We went to the pool a few times with friends and had a great time. Jackson definitely did his fair share of gaming on the x-box especially during sleepovers on Friday nights with dad and Saturday mornings. I think I have at least a few pictures of everything else so, I'll post those in separate posts.

It was a great summer and went by way too fast. It was one of the best summers I remember and we did more family stuff together than we have in years. There is something about having a kid in school that defines summers in a different way and makes them feel a little more magical. It was one of the hottest summers on record though, so I couldn't be more ready for fall.

2 comments:

Noah and Isaiah's Momma said...

I love the bucket list idea! I may have to "steal" it! lol

Rach said...

Aw I love this!